9.12.2007

The path to hell is lined....

...with good intentions and all of the good intentions and happy vibes that I was trying to hold onto yesterday were accidentally sent out the window when The Boyfriend started an argument about something that was totally his fault (wink, wink) -- so, after a few minutes, I had enough and decided to take part in my favorite temper cool down exercise - shopping. Fall in the city is my favorite time of year -- everyone is back in the city from their summer vacation spots, the weekends are full of parties and you can get away with a little more flash than the weeknights during the summer.

I decided to go hunting for some fall party wear. I usually tend to avoid chain stores like French Connection, but then, this....



caught my eye as I passed by and I had to go in. I ended up with a similar, but even more fabulous, black sequin mini-dress with key-hole back that helped to channel my inner Zelda Fitzgerald meets Edie Sedgwick party vibes, which, instantly made me happier and I went home, cool, calm and collected. After all, I am the boss, Applesauce.

Photo: French Connection

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Oh, yeah - I can see exactly how the ghost of Zelda (and half the Ziegfeld Follies) must have leapt out onto the sidewalk and grabbed you into the store... it's all perfectly reasonable, you had no choice, really... ;)

jac said...

Isn't it amazing how that happens, sometimes?! ;) Thanks for stopping by!