10.25.2007

Here comes Vandal Claus....

 

 
Approximately twice a year our little group of friends buzzes with excitement, as we prepare either to host the "Italians" or we prepare to descend upon Venice, for what we refer to as "Vandals Week."  (technically, there is a third "vandals week" - but it is a mancation, so us womenfolk stay home ;))  Anyhoo, it is a week of fantastic eating and, of course, drinking wine.  The Italian Vandals arrived this afternoon, so this evening's celebration will make for a long day tomorrow, I am sure.  Usually, the Italians arrive with amazing cheeses and fun things like red onion jam from Tuscany.  I cannot wait to indulge and share the pics with you!! 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that you in the beret?

jac said...

lol. funny. no, I took the pic. our venetian friends would never allow us to pay a gondolier for a ride...

. . . said...

sounds wonderful! i can't wait to hear more =)

jac said...

I cannot wait to share the pics and stories!! I was having technical difficulties with my camera yesterday, so, hopefully this evening I can get the pics up!! Thanks for stopping by!!